Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Beauty In The Eyes Of A Teenager

Boy! I'm so glad that I'm past the teenage years. I don't want to go back to them. Sure, I'd like to be 25 again. But oh well! It's not gonna happen anytime soon. I feel myself slowly climbing that mountain. But that's okay, because I got more wisdom now..... At least I like to think so! I don't think I look too bad for my age.


She Looks Better Than Me
When I was a young teenager, I was more concerned about my looks. I must have compared myself to every beautiful friend I had at the time....That's what us girls do. The media doesn't help. We're constantly looking at beautiful women on the screen and in magazines. There's so much competition to look better than the next girl. Remember this, there's always going to be someone that looks better.


Although your outer appearance is important, it shouldn't consume you. In the long run, most mature people look past your outer beauty. They look at your inner personality (inner beauty). Unfortunately, many teenage girls didn't learn this at an early age. They become ugly on the inside, while beautiful on the outside. What happens is, people start picking up on their conceited attitude. It can cause them to back away.


Inner Beauty
What you need to know is, working on a personality that people will like and be drawn to, is more important than looking good on the outside. What is your personality like? Do people seek you out or avoid you?  Sometimes you'll find that the ones that have the most friends are the ones that aren't the most attractive. That's because they work more on the inner person. They already know that they don't have their looks going for them. The beautiful ones tend to think that their beauty will get them anything. All they have to do is put on the charm. Let their beauty do the rest. "Get Real!" Most mature people see past the beauty.

Thanks for reading! I'd love to read your comment!




1 comment:

  1. I couldnt agree more!, well...Im 18 years old so i still feel like that sometimes but not as much as I did before. I remember when I was like 16 I was soo depressed about my appearance I would say to myself I was ugly that nobody would ever fall in love with me, etc...but what I learned with the time its that the inner person is way more important than the outside, I cant say I have 1000 friends now or even boyfriend(I dont fell really yet) but what I can say its that Im happy with my life!, thank to Jehovah and to my family! =) I love your blog! :D

    ReplyDelete